All shipping will be coordinated and paid by ArtHit. We will use the information for the shipping that is provided by you in your order. We will contact the seller of your artwork and provide packaging and shipping instructions. We will send you a tracking number and the delivery time indicated by the shipping organisation. Your signature will be required to accept delivery. If you are not available to sign upon an attempt of delivery, you can contact us or follow the instructions of the shipping company.
There may be locations that ArtHit is unable to deliver to, in which case will inform you using the contact details provided by you when submitting the order. We will then arrange for an alternative delivery method or cancellation of your order.
Additional taxes can be applicable if artworks are sent across country borders. These taxes are called customs duties and vary according to the countries involved and what is being shipped.
Costs for tax and duty are not included in the price you have paid for your artwork. We will contact you before sending the artwork in case we have to pay taxes to send the artwork to you. In that case, to run things smoothly, we will include '’Delivery Duty paid" on the shipping documents to make sure there is no delay in your delivery. You will receive an invoice to pay for these taxes.
For information on duty charged for artworks in the country in which you are based, you can go to Dutycalculator.com or ask your local tax authorities.
Couriers are obligated to pay customs for any taxes due when importing an item. They will keep hold of any item until those duties have been paid by the customer and this can result in delays to delivery as well as additional clearance charges levied by the courier. ArtHit will try to manage the custom process as smoothly as possible
If youchange your mind about the painting(s) that you have purchased from us, or the artwork has arrived damaged, we will refund the price or you can exchange your purchase for another painting. There are some conditions:
- You have noticed us within less than 7 days since you have received the artwork
- You have retained all original packaging for the artwork
- The artwork has been prepared for return shipment in their original packaging
Once we receive your request we’ll process it within 2 working days.
- We will confirm a pickup date of the return and provide all instructions and shipping labels via email
- You will be refunded within 5 working days of safe receipt of the returned artwork
You are entitled to cancel your order at any time up to 7 days after receipt of the artwork. If you have not yet received a shipment confirmation email:
- Log into your ArtHit Account
- Click on your user name in the top right hand corner of the screen
- Select 'My Orders' from the resulting menu - Click on the 'Cancel Purchase' button next to the item that you wish to cancel
- Once we have confirmed the cancellation, you will be immediately refunded to your original payment mechanism
If you have received a shipment confirmation email:
- You will need to wait until receipt of the artwork, after which you can request a return under our 7-day return policy
- You will be refunded as soon as receipt of the artwork has been confirmed
We examine all returns on a case-by-case basis in order to determine who is responsible for paying all costs (shipping and customs) required to deliver the artwork back to the artist.
Generally, if we determine that the artwork was accurately described on our site (in terms of size, materials used, weight, etc.) and the buyer is returning it as a result of buyer’s remorse, then the buyer is held responsible for return costs. If the seller provided insufficient/inaccurate information about the work, or if the artwork was damaged as a result of poor packaging, we will pay the return costs and may hold the seller responsible.